Fri, Sep 23, 2022

12 PM – 1 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Add to Calendar

Freedman Center Collaboration Commons, Kelvin Smith Library

11055 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States

Registered

Registration

Details

Join us for The Dilemma Game and light refreshments in celebration of Peer Review Week!

Researchers at all levels face dilemmas while conducting and publishing their research - Can I exclude particular observations from my research? Can I use exactly the same data set for multiple papers? Should I agree on a colleague being a co-author on a paper to which she has not made a significant contribution? - and more.

Join us to play the Dilemma Game: Professionalism and Integrity in Research created by a team at Erasmus University (Rotterdam) to stimulate awareness of integrity and professionalism in research. The game lets participants consider, choose and defend (and possibly reconsider) alternative courses of action regarding a realistic dilemma related to professionalism and integrity in research.

It is important to note that due to the complexity of integrity-related dilemmas, there is no winning or losing in this game. Rather, by defending and discussing these choices in the context of a critical dialogue, the game aims to support researchers in further developing their moral compass.

Please contact Daniela Solomon (daniela.solomon@case.edu) for any questions or more details.

We hope to see you there!

For those who cannot register, explore the free online version of the Dilemma Game available as an app. More details are available at https://www.eur.nl/en/about-eur/policy-and-regulations/integrity/research-integrity/dilemma-game.

Hosted By

Kelvin Smith Library | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers