Thu, May 27, 2021

12 PM – 1:30 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Add to Calendar

Private Location (register to display)

View Map
Registered

Registration

Details

How can I identify appropriate journal publications? How can I select and submit to the right journal? How should my research be structured? What is Open Access? What can I expect during the submission and peer review process? Our webinar will guide you through the author journey to help you build confidence as you navigate the submission process and work with a journal publisher. Featuring Jessica Lipowski and Karen Shrayer, Publishing Editors at SAGE Publishing, and featured guest editor, this webinar will break down each step of the process and detail best practices for first time authors, as well as answer your questions about the process.

Speakers

Karen Shrayer's profile photo

Karen Shrayer

Senior Publishing Editor

SAGE

Karen Shrayer manages and acquires journals in Education and Special Education in the SAGE US HSS department. As a Senior Publishing Editor, she works closely with associations to manage the business and editorial development of their journals. She has been in this role with SAGE for five years. Prior to joining the SAGE team, Karen worked in a number of publishing and communication roles in both the HSS and STM fields. Her first foray into publishing was as an Editorial Assistant for medical journals at Blackwell Publishing in 2004. She now works remotely from outside Boston (not just during pandemics) and reports into the SAGE Thousand Oaks office.

Jessica Lipowski's profile photo

Jessica Lipowski

Publishing Editor

SAGE

Jessica Lipowski is a Publishing Editor on the Science, Technology, and Medical (STM) Journals Editorial team. She manages a range of science and medicine journals, working with editors and societies to develop new strategies and problem solve. During her time at SAGE, she has also worked closely with the Author team to create and develop resources to help early career researchers better understand the publishing process and publish their research. Jessica has a background in project management, marketing, business development, and self-publishing. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Michigan State University and is currently based in Los Angeles.

Hosted By

Kelvin Smith Library | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers