Mon, 18 Nov 2019, 12:00 AM –
Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 1:00 AMAdd to Calendar
11055 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Now in its 3rd edition, Art of STEM Competition and Exhibit is a provocation to look at your scientific enterprise or research investigation from an artistic angle to find its inherent beauty and an invitation to share it with the world. The competition is open to Case Western Reserve University faculty, students and staff, Cleveland Institute of Art students who collaborate with a member of the Case Western Reserve community, as well as high school students from Cuyahoga County.
Accepted types of images
• Images obtained from machines, instruments, or tools in a lab
• Photographic images of nature, scientific phenomena, or people at work on a science-related project
• Science and technology-related hand-drawn images
• Computer-generated or digitally enhanced scientific images
• Images that explain science or technology concepts
• Images of art created using any type of technology
• Any other type of STEM-related image presented as art
Images should have a title and caption that describe the image in simple words that can be understood by the wide public.
Judging & awards
A jury of Case Western Reserve faculty and Cleveland-area art professionals will select the winning entries based on artistic merit, title creativity, and caption clarity. Entries will be ranked based on the composite score of the three aspects evaluated.
• 1st Place: $350
• 2nd Place: $200
• 3rd Place: $100
For more information, please visit researchguides.case.edu/artofstem