Provost Scholars Program Student Application 2019-2020
Planning for admission to the Provost Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) and the East Cleveland City Schools (ECCS) is a multistage process that begins with parental, administrative and faculty referrals. It is designed to ensure that the individuals who will be admitted to this program will be able to fully benefit from all its aspects. The admission requirements are aligned with the mission and goals of the Provost Scholars Program and its policies and procedures.
To be eligible for the program, the student must:
1. Be enrolled at Heritage Middle School or Shaw High School and currently in 8th through 10th grades, or will be in the 8th grade in the 2019-2020 academic year
2. Have a record of excellent school attendance and punctuality
3. Have a 2.5 (C+) minimum overall grade point average
4. Have the capacity to self-regulate and control behaviors
5. Be a volunteer in a school/community program or have specific plans for volunteering: http://cglink.me/s16971
6. Have two outstanding recommendations from school administrators or teachers in the ECCS: http://cglink.me/s16970
The Provost Scholars Program Student Application and 500-600 word essay must be completed and submitted electronically on or before Friday, June 14, 2019. Late applicants to the program will be placed on a waitlist.