Provost Scholars Program Student Application 2020-2021
Planning for admission to the Provost Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) is a multistage process that begins with parental, administrative and faculty referrals. It is designed to ensure that the individuals who will be admitted to this program will be able to fully benefit from all its aspects. The admission requirements are aligned with the mission and goals of the Provost Scholars Program and its policies and procedures.
To be eligible to be a new applicant for the program, the student must:
1. Be in 8th through 10th grades, or will be in the 8th grade in the 2020-2021 academic year
2. Be enrolled in one of our Partner Schools
3. Have a record of excellent school attendance and punctuality
4. Have a 2.5 (C+) minimum overall grade point average
5. Have the capacity to self-regulate and control behaviors
6. Be a volunteer in a school/community program or have specific plans for volunteering: http://cglink.me/s16971
7. Have two outstanding recommendations from school administrators or teachers: http://cglink.me/s16970
The Provost Scholars Program Student Application and 500-600 word essay must be completed and submitted electronically on or before Thursday, April 30, 2020. Late applicants to the program will be placed on a waitlist.