Human/Machine Partnerships

Shelly Palmer and Prof. Dustin Tyler, the director of the Functional Neural Interface Lab and the Human Fusions Institute at Case Western Reserve University discuss NeuroReality™ — The Future of Telepresence.

Humans that fuse with machines will become telekinetics. They will be able to be in two places at once. They will be able to “feel” physical objects that are half a world away. They will have thousands of times the strength of purely organic humans. They will not be limited to one physical manifestation of their existence. They will have powers usually reserved for mythological superheroes – what will they do with them?

If you think these statements sound like prep work for a sci-fi novel, think again. They are concepts I discussed with Prof. Dustin Tyler, the director of the Functional Neural Interface Lab and the Human Fusions Institute at Case Western Reserve University (see NeuroReality™ — The Future of Telepresence video above).

Author’s note: This is not a sponsored post. I am the author of this article and it expresses my own opinions. I am not, nor is my company, receiving compensation for it.

About Shelly Palmer

Shelly Palmer is the Professor of Advanced Media in Residence at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and CEO of The Palmer Group, a consulting practice that helps Fortune 500 companies with technology, media and marketing. Named LinkedIn’s “Top Voice in Technology,” he covers tech and business for Good Day New York, is a regular commentator on CNN and writes a popular daily business blog. He's a bestselling author, and the creator of the popular, free online course, Generative AI for Execs. Follow @shellypalmer or visit shellypalmer.com.

Tags

Categories

PreviousBetter Executive Intelligence NextSamsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Review

Get Briefed Every Day!

Subscribe to my daily newsletter featuring current events and the top stories in technology, media, and marketing.

Subscribe