Wed, Sep 27, 2023

4 PM – 6 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Add to Calendar

Tomlinson Hall, Room 239 or on Zoom

10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, United States

Registration

Register

Details

Sign up for a 30-minute one-on-one session with Dr. Jessica Slentz to review your NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program application. Office Hours will take place on the following dates:

Wednesday, September 13 - 4:00-6:00pm
Wednesday, September 20 - 4:00-6:00pm
Wednesday, September 27 - 4:00-6:00pm
Wednesday, October 4 - 4:00-6:00pm
Wednesday, October 18 - 4:00-6:00pm

Click the register button to schedule a 30-minute time slot on Google calendar. You can meet in-person (Tomlinson Hall, room 239 or on Zoom. Once the time slot is added to your Google calendar, you will see the Zoom link. Please email Dr. Slentz at jessica.slentz@gmail.com to let her know if you will be meeting in-person or on Zoom.

Speakers

Jessica Slentz, PhD's profile photo

Jessica Slentz, PhD

CEO

Lake Effect Grant Solutions

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessslentz/

President and CEO of Lake Effect Grant Solutions, I am a freelance grant writer and consultant with extensive experience and a high success rate. I have worked both as tenure track faculty in professional writing and as Director of Sponsored programs at a private institution. In the past 4 years, I have won just over $40 million dollars for a variety of institutions including colleges and universities (for the institution and for individualPIs), museums, small non-profits, wineries, and tourism entities. The majority of my work has been in the higher education space, and I have worked with dozens of PIs across the sciences, humanities, and allied health fields. In my work with graduate students, post-docs, and faculty members I have helped them envision, clarify, and articulate their projects; helped them identify appropriate sources of funding; coached their writing; reviewed proposals as if I were a member of the agency review panel; and helped them prepare full packages for submission. I have vast experience with funding agencies such as NSF, NIH, HRSA, NEH, Dept. of Education, and many others, as well as professional organizations and foundations.

My passion is working with graduate students, post-docs, and junior faculty, helping them realize their visions and acquire the funding needed to pursue their work. As a CWRU alum (PhD, 2017), and former founding president of theGSC, I am particularly passionate about working with the graduate students of CWRU!!

Hosted By

School of Graduate Studies | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers