Wed, Oct 21, 2020

6:30 PM – 7:30 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Add to Calendar

Online Event

Registration

Register

Details

Join RowanSOM Allies in Medicine (AIM) on October 21st, 2020 at 6:30pm over WebEx for our annual LGBTQIA+ healthcare panel.

For event registration, visit:  bit.ly/lgbtqia-aim

This year, our panelists include: 

Dr. Ilene Wong, MD is a graduate of Yale University School of Medicine and completed her urology residency at Stanford University. She is a practicing urologist in Pennsylvania and a board member for InterACT, the national intersex advocacy organization. She writes under the name I.W Gregorio. In 2015, she released None of the Above (HarperCollins), a young adult novel about a girl who finds out she’s intersex. Earlier this year, she released This is My Brain in Love (Little Brown), a young adult novel that tackles mental health in immigrant communities.

Dr. Bianca Pinto, MD is a graduate of University of Central Florida School of Medicine and completed her residency in pediatrics at the University of Florida, Jacksonville. Currently, she is a pediatric endocrinology fellow at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and her research focuses on trans and non-binary children.

Maddie Rose is an intersex advocate based in the Philadelphia area and a youth advocate for InterACT, the national intersex advocacy organization. Their piece for Teen Vogue, I'm Intersex and I Was Told I Could Never Have Sex Unless I Got Surgery”, is about why sex education needs to be free from misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia for intersex people to fully consent to surgery. They work as a freelance journalist covering sex and gender, disability, and local activism.

Dr. Kristin Bertsch, PhD received her counseling psychology PhD from Lehigh University and completed her APA doctoral internship as well as  postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. Currently, she is the course director for Community Service Learning & Leadership at RowanSOM and the director of NJ Area Health Education Center (AHEC). She is also a psychologist with the department of Family Medicine at RowanSOM. 

Questions for the panelists can be submitted at: bit.ly/ask-lgbthealth

Hosted By

Biomedical Engineering Graduate Student Association | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers