What I Wish I'd Learned in Grad School About... Publishing Series!

by Kelvin Smith Library

Academic Audience: Graduate/Professional ... Free Food Library Event Topic: Research

Thu, Feb 16, 2023 4:00 PM –

Wed, Apr 12, 2023 5:00 PM EST (GMT-5)

Add to Calendar

Private Location (sign in to display)

View Map

Details

You may have heard the phrase “publish or perish” in relation to academia, but it can be difficult to know where to even begin with the world of publishing when you’re not familiar with the process or expectations. 

This series of events designed with graduate students in mind highlights key elements of the publishing lifecycle from what an academic publication entails to how to submit a work for publication and then make sure your work has the broadest possible reach. Each session focuses on an individual aspect of publishing, and attendees can visit as many sessions as they would like to better understand this key component of the scholarly world.

Light refreshments will be provided at each session. Scroll down to see the dates and details!

Food Provided (Snacks)

Agenda

Past Events

Wed, Apr 12, 2023
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
What I Wish I'd Learned in Grad School About... Publication Discoverability and Visibility

Information overload makes it more difficult for publications to be discovered. Hear recommendations from Research and Engagement Librarians, Daniela and Jacey, about how to make your publications stand out.

27 Spots Left
Thu, Mar 23, 2023
What I Wish I'd Learned in Grad School About... Scholarly Communication

Scholarly Communication is the system through which scholars create, evaluate, and disseminate scholarly work. In this session, Karen and Ben are here to give you an overview of the scholarly communication system and help you understand your rights as authors and publishing open access.

10 Spots Left
Thu, Feb 16, 2023
What I Wish I'd Learned in Graduate School About... Publishing a Journal Article

In this discussion, faculty and graduate students will share their experiences with the world of publishing from submitting to a publisher to acceptance, working with editors, revision, your rights as an author, and all things in between.

22 Spots Left

Hosted By

Kelvin Smith Library | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers