Bring Your Big Idea: An interactive Workshop for Dreamers and Doers with Haley Hoffman Smith

by Sears think[box]

Workshop

Thu, Feb 21, 2019

4 PM – 6 PM EST (GMT-5)

Add to Calendar

Sears think[box], Level 2

11201 Cedar Avenue Richey Mixon Bldg., Cleveland, OHIO 44106-7053, United States

View Map

Registration

Details

Bio: 
Haley Hoffman Smith is a keynote speaker and the author of Her Big Idea, a book on ideation and women's empowerment which debuted as a Top 3 Bestseller. She has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, and the Washington Examiner. A recent Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Brown University, she wrote her honors thesis on how women develop their sense of self agency in entrepreneurship and venture capital. She is the founder of the Her Big Idea Fund in partnership with Brown's Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship, which awards grants to women who apply with BIG ideas. 

At Brown, she was the President of Women’s Entrepreneurship and started the first-ever women’s entrepreneurship incubator. She is the Director of Community for Next Gen Summit, an entrepreneurship community of 3,000+ members, and sincerely enjoys consulting with other entrepreneurs. She speaks on topics such as women's empowerment, innovation, social impact, and personal branding regularly across companies and college campuses - most recently, at Microsoft, Harvard, SoGal Ventures, and Yale.

About the Your Big Idea Talk:
What do you do when you have an idea?
In her signature talk based on her bestselling book Her Big Idea, Haley Hoffman Smith confronts our excuses  for why not to pursue our big ideas and greater callings, inspiring hopeful entrepreneurs, ideators, and creators to pursue their idea now. In addition to learning from the tumultuous story of her own entrepreneurial journey, you'll learn how to ideate truly BIG ideas, how to start pursuing your idea immediately, and why the adventure is so worth it. 

Testimonials:
"A power house to motivation." - Sunny R.

"Haley made us realize that failure is just a trigger that drives us to achieving something bigger in life. This session has only motivated me more to continue and not lose hope in anything I believe in." -Rahul P.

"I have always lacked the confidence I needed to start with my passion; wellness and philanthropy. I created my wellness Instagram last week, but I was too afraid to tell anyone, now I am ready to share it!" - Katherine M.

"Her talk changed everything." -Carly T.

"She had me at "hello". It took three seconds for me to be locked into her message." -Jules H.

“You left us all feeling so inspired and many of the things you said have stuck with me, and will continue to stick with me and motivate me as I move through my career.”
-Kathryn F.

Where

Sears think[box], Level 2

11201 Cedar Avenue Richey Mixon Bldg., Cleveland, OHIO 44106-7053, United States

Hosted By

Sears think[box] | Website | View More Events

Contact the organizers