Date: September 30, 2019
Subject: GSC Newsletter | Sep 30, 2019

Hi First_Name,

GSC Happy Hour!

Every first Thursday of the month, the Graduate Student Council hosts a Happy Hour event. Come on down to GSC Happy Hour at ABC Tavern located in Uptown on Thursday, October 3rd from 7-8 pm. Bring your Case ID and get a ticket redeemable for one free drink at ABC Tavern or one free scoop of ice cream from Mitchell’s. Tickets are first come first serve as there are a limited number of tickets. We hope to see you there!
**Must download CampusGroups App to check in to the Happy Hour.
http://cglink.me/r598716

Introducing our Executive Board Member

My name is David Lynn and I am a second year Masters student in Medical Physiology. Last year, I was a committee member on the Professional Development Committee and knew I wanted to be further involved with GSC. I am happy to say that I am this year’s Director of Student Life. Over the summer, I had the opportunity to join a systems immunology lab on campus to learn new lab techniques. I have always been interested in studying infectious disease and this lab is helping to further expose me to research in that field. In addition to lab and coursework, I am currently studying for the MCAT and plan on applying to med school for the next cycle. My free time activities range from music to exercise. I enjoy playing piano and violin, and plan on joining a community orchestra in the fall. As these cooler fall days are setting upon us, I am taking advantage by going running throughout the local community. I am always discovering new running paths and hidden gems of scenery. While all of these activities keep me very busy, I still will be readily available to answer any questions you might have.

Beech Brook 5K Race & Family Fun Run/Walk

On October 20th, graduate students have the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the Brook Fall 5K in Pepper Pike. Volunteering entails running game stations and face painting. There is a need for roughly 15 volunteers from 8 am to 2 pm. This opportunity would help graduate students get away from campus, get active outside, and be able to get to know their fellow graduate students! Net Proceeds to Benefit Beech Brook: Bringing Hope to Children and Families Since 1852
https://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/beechbrook.asp

Free Giveaways!

Sign up to become a GSC volunteer at one of our events and earn a free T-shirt. Simply email Krystal Lee (hxl516@case.edu) for more detail on how to become a volunteer. 

Follow any one of our social media to earn a free GSC laptop decal, follow any two of our social media to earn a pop socket, and follow all three of our social media to earn a surprise gift! Come to our Happy Hour this Thursday, October 3rd to redeem.
**Must show your Case ID and a Screenshot. While supplies last. 

Survey from Post Doctoral Association

Dear all, The Benefit's and Women's Initiative Committees from the Postdoctoral Association are interested in enhancing your parental leave. In order to do this, we would like to get some numbers in order to present to the CWRU Faculty Senate data regarding parental leave. Please fill out this survey whether you took or did not take parental leave. It is only 4 questions and completely anonymous! Should take less than a minute to fill out! We would like to advocate for a change in policy for more parental leave! Your responses are CRITICAL for enabling change! We welcome all responses even if you did not take leave. Survey link here: https://forms.gle/FXkzrFSnMr5V4DRr5 Thank you! WISHED on Behalf of the Post Doctoral Association PLEASE TAKE THE ANONYMOUS SURVEY! ONLY 4 QUESTIONS!! https://forms.gle/FXkzrFSnMr5V4DRr5

GSC OCT HAPPY HOUR Logo

EVENT

GSC OCT HAPPY HOUR

Thursday, October 3, 2019
7:00pm - 8:00pm
ABC TAVERN , 11434 Uptown Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Add to Google Cal, Outlook, Yahoo, iCal

Come on down to GSC Happy Hour at ABC Tavern located in Uptown on Thursday, October 3rd from 7-8 pm. Bring your Case ID and get a ticket redeemable for one free drink at ABC Tavern or one free scoop of ice cream from Mitchell's. Tickets are first come first serve as there are a limited number of tickets. We hope to see you there!

REGISTER

EVENT

October General Assembly Meeting

Tuesday, October 8, 2019
5:15pm - 6:30pm
Toepfer Room-Adelbert Hall, Tinkham Veale University Center 11038 Bellflower Road, Room 150 , Cleveland, OH 44106, United States

Monthly GSC General Assembly meeting.

REGISTER
Beech Brook Fall 5K Logo

EVENT

Beech Brook Fall 5K

Sunday, October 20, 2019
8:00am - 2:00pm
Fleet Feet Sports - Pepper Pike Landerwood Plaza 30679 Pinetree Rd , Pepper Pike, OH 44124, United States
Link

On October 20th, graduate students have the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the Brook Fall 5K in Pepper Pike. Volunteering entails running game stations and face painting. There is a need for roughly 15 volunteers from 8 am to 2 pm. This opportunity would help graduate students get away from campus, get active outside, and be able to get to know their fellow graduate students!
https://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/beechbrook.asp

REGISTER

FORM

GSC Newsletter Request Form

Complete the Form