Date: February 9, 2021
Subject: {Greek Newsletter} Ask the Advisors Submissions

ASK THE ADVISORS - 2/16

Next GB meeting Katie Schneider, Mark Starr, and Amie Jackson will join us for an “Ask the Advisors” Session. They have been getting a lot of questions about how accountability currently works in the Greek community and at CWRU, so they are attending the GB meeting on 2/16 at 8pm in order for any Greek member to attend and ask questions on that topic or others!

Submit questions to THIS FORM
Click HERE for the Zoom Link to the GB meeting on 2/16 @ 8pm!

For those of you who were unable to make it to the Fraternity Info Session, HERE is a link to the recording. Thank you to all those who came out on Saturday and I am looking forward to meeting you guys as brothers one day! – Dominic Orosa, IFC VP Recruitment (dlo25@case.edu)

GIORTASTE
The Interfraternity Congress, Panhellenic Council, Order of Omega Honor Society and Greek Life Office cordially invites you to the Annual Giortaste Awards, celebrating the achievements of the Greek community and individual members’ incredible achievements. This year we are also recognizing the Citizenship Award Winners! (please use the same form for your nomination).

Please join us on Tuesday, March 9th at 6:30pm EST via Zoom for a celebration of our Pytte Cup and Outstanding Member Awards.

Click here to NOMINATE AN OUTSTANDING GREEK

Nominations are due Friday, February 19th at noon

RSVP for the event here!

MADISON'S RECRUITMENT TIPS
PHC VP of Recruitment Madison Miles shares her tips for PHC Recruitment!

"My watch notifies me to stretch me when I haven't moved in an hour and it's honestly been really helpful for me: If you're sitting in front of a screen for a long time (for recruitment or otherwise) set reminders on your phone or watch for once an hour to remind you to stand up and stretch!"

Reach out to Madison if you have any questions regarding recruitment mjm419@case.edu

Click HERE to apply for PHC Assistant VP of Recruitment or Rho Gamma Coordinator!
The position descriptions are at the top of the google form! Please reach out to Madison Miles at mjm419@case.edu with any questions!

get involved in the community

Social Change Monthly Series by CCEL - February Focus: Advocacy

The Center for Civic Engagement & Learning (CCEL) is continuing its new series highlighting monthly a different form of civic engagement that contributes to social change by spotlighting “Advocacy” in February. Join one of the virtual events this month to hear from Cleveland advocates and learn advocacy tools to take action on causes you care about. Events include: an Advocacy 101 workshop featuring CWRU student leaders, free tickets to the Accelerate civic innovators pitch competition, a virtual service project providing poetry feedback to incarcerated writers, and panels of Cleveland changemakers discussing efforts to build the new “Black Avenue” in Cleveland as well as the recent city and county resolutions declaring racism a public health crisis. For complete details and to register for these opportunities, visit: https://case.edu/studentlife/civicengagement/events/social-change-series

E-Week Virtual Networking Event - Feb 22 @ 6:30pm

As part of Engineers Week 2021, the Division of Engineering Leadership and Professional Practice is hosting a virtual networking event with engineering employers. Network virtually with a variety of employers, where you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get advice about professional development and life after college. This event will begin with an educational session about how to make the most of virtual networking and will move into a breakout-room format to allow you to have conversations in smaller groups. Spaces are limited so sign up early!

Click HERE to register on CampusGroups

Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages here!
For more information, please check out our website:
greeklife.case.edu

Submission of Newsletter/Social Media Content

If you would like your content in the newsletter or posted on @cwrugreeklife, please fill out this form and submit an image and brief blurb to the current Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Elyssa Kim (enk32@case.edu). Placement will be made at a first come, first served basis and is at the full discretion of the VP of Marketing and Communications.