Date: October 21, 2019
Subject: Mandel School Staff Plan-it: October 21, 2019

In this issue:

Digital Accessibility Tip - "Alt Text"

Alternative Text, or Alt Text, is a description of an image that is displayed or read aloud by a screen reader.  For more details and to learn how to add Alt Text to your course materials, check out the Alternative Text Accessibility Guide.  For additional information or support, please contact Francine Diaz, Digital Accessibility Coordinator.

Time to Review Your Bio

With the Fall semester well underway, it's time to look over your bio on the Mandel School website.  Please send any updates to mandelweb@case.edu.

Get to Know... 

Three Questions with Rashonda Clay-Douthit.

Photo of Rashonda Clay-Douthit1.  What does a typical day at work look like for you?  I support seven Online Field Faculty Advisors who live in different parts of the country.  Together, we support students and field placement agencies throughout the U.S.  My day typically begins with checking emails and I continue to do so throughout the day and evening.  Most days also involve several video conferences and phone calls.  As a remote employee, all of these forms of communication help me stay "connected" and complete the responsibilities of my position.  Some days, my focus is more administrative in nature.  Other days, I'm working directly with students and current or potential field sites.  Every day is a bit different and I like this aspect of my work.

2.  Where is your favorite spot on or near campus to work, read or study?  When I come to campus, I like to spend time in the green space around the Cleveland Museum of Art.  It is peaceful, beautiful and a great place to decompress after a long day.

3.  What is one of your favorite hobbies, or what hobby would you pursue if you had more time?  I enjoy traveling.  A couple of summers ago, I had a wonderful time visiting Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy.  An Alaskan cruise is next on my bucket list!

"Get to Know..." content provided by the Mandel Staff Working Group.
Email msass-staffworkinggroup@case.edu to learn more about the Working Group.

Upcoming Events/Deadlines

October 22, 2019:  University Vendor Fair, Veale Athletic Center, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
October 30, 2019:  Faculty & Staff Happy Hour, Dave's Cosmic Subs, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
November 18, 2019:  Fall Let's Lunch, 12:45 p.m., Noble Commons

Important Links

Staff Feedback & Suggestion Form: Submit feedback & suggestions related to the Mandel School.   Resources for Faculty & Staff: Access School policies & information (human resources, finance, IT, research).
Mandel School Directory   Access HCM: Enter & approve time monthly.
Staff Plan-it Archive: Access past Plan-it newsletters.    

Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel
School of Applied Social Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH  44106-7164
Staff Plan-it
News + Info in a Single Bound