Date: March 25, 2019
Subject: Mandel School Staff Plan-it: March 25, 2019

CWRU MSASS logo with title "Staff Plan-it, New and Info in a Single Bound"

In this issue:

On the Move - Kris Soja

Headshot of Kris SojaKris Soja is leaving her post as Curriculum and Instruction Manager at the end of this week.  On April 1st, she moves to the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine (School of Medicine) where she will manage the department's Master's program.  Kris started at the Mandel School as the Dean's Executive Aide in early 2015 and has been in the Office of Academic Affairs for nearly a year.  Please wish her well on her next adventure.

Note from Kris: Thank you all for giving me so much support and knowledge over the last 4 years.  I have truly enjoyed working with you, learning from you, and getting to know so many of you on both a professional and personal level.  It has been an honor working for this School, Dean Gilmore, and Dr. Milligan.  I will miss my colleagues dearly (I'm looking at you, Debra!), but I look forward to the challenges that my new position will bring.  Cheers!  Kris

Community of Practice - Supervising Students

Mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 2, 2019 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. (Mandel Building 219).  Come for an open discussion on how to best work with student employees, hear from others about their experiences, challenges, and receive tips on what has worked for them.  All interested staff are welcome!  Please feel free to bring your lunch and stop by for an engaging discussion with your colleagues.  Please contact Sherise McKinney with any questions and to RSVP.  

Open Mandel School Staff Positions

Did you know that staff positions are now posted on the Mandel School website - and just one click from our homepage?  Hover over "About" and then click "Current Opportunities," or click here to view the Mandel School job postings.  Take a look and please share with friends and colleagues.

Upcoming Events/Deadlines

April 16, 2019: LINK silent auction (Noble Commons, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Contact Kim McFarlin)

Important Links

Staff Feedback & Suggestion Form: Submit feedback & suggestions related to the Mandel School.   Resources for Faculty & Staff: Access School policies & information (human resources, finance, IT, research).
Mandel School Directory   Access HCM: Enter & approve time monthly.
Staff Plan-it Archive: Access past Plan-it newsletters.    

Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel
School of Applied Social Sciences - Case Western Reserve University
Staff Plan-it
News + Info in a Single Bound