Date: January 21, 2023
Subject: SKI TRIP SIGNUP for 1/28 - The Board Meeting

HEY ALL THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!

Sign up below for our first weekend ski trip happening Saturday, January 28th! Singups close Monday at Midnight and you will be informed if you have a seat and pass reserved for you by Wednesday at the latest. 

Make sure to be logged into your case email before responding to the form as it only accepts emails ending in @case.edu

https://forms.gle/YFiCvkDJ95sVJ4zr5

FAQ:

Q: Why is there a security deposit/how does it work?

A: The ski pass, once purchased using USG funding, will be in your name. If you don't show up to the car to go to the resort or meet us there, sadly we've wasted our budget on someone who didn't show, and we can't get it refunded or give it to someone else. We want to spend our budget on someone who will show up. If you do show up, you will get the deposit back the day you're signed up to go, making your pass free!

Q: What time will we leave on Saturdays and get back?

A: We will depart from The Ugly statue on Northside at precisely 2PM so we can be there when lifts start evening operation at 3PM. It is nearly an hour drive. Return times will vary. The lifts shut down at 10PM, so at the latest, we would return to campus at 11:30PM. The riders on the drive there can coordinate when they wish to return.

Q: Are there other expenses besides transportation?

A: Depends. Do you need rental gear? Did you pack lunch and snacks? The Board Meeting is paying for your pass ONLY. All other expenses you will need to cover yourself.

Q: Does The Board Meeting have gear I can borrow?

A: At this time, no. We are taking gear donations, however.

Q: What should I bring?

A: Water and snacks are a must. Here's a post on what to wear skiing if you've never been: What to Wear & How to Dress for Skiing & Snowboarding | evo

Q: Can I bring a friend?

A: Feel free to let any CWRU student know about The Board Meeting.

Q: What if I don't know how to ski/snowboard?

A: We are happy to have you! There are lessons at the resort you can purchase, or you ask a friend in the group to teach you some things! We are beginner friendly. Just know that you will have the most fun riding with people of your skill level, so feel free to coordinate with others in the email chain to find people of your same skill level.

Q: Will we go any days besides Saturday?

A: Probably not, but if a few people are always booked Saturdays, we can work something out.

Q: Can I come if I already have a pass?

A: Yes! Just know you will still have to pay your driver the transportation fee.

Q: How do I become a driver?

A: Email ors10@case.edu that you’re interested in driving and he’ll help you from there!

Q: What if this didn't answer my question?

A: Email ors10@case.edu

THAT'S IT!! SEE YOU ON THE SLOPES IN A WEEK!!

- TBM