Date: October 21, 2019
Subject: GSC Newsletter | October 20, 2019

Hi First_Name,

Fall Feast

Save the Date! Fall Feast is back for another year of food, conversations, and a break from the classroom, lab, or library. Join us Wednesday, November 6th from 11:30-1:30 for a full meal in Thwing Ballroom. Tickets are free but required and will be available for registration on October 28th. http://cglink.me/r589417

Introducing our Executive Board Member

Hi, my name is Krystal Lee and I am a second-year law student. I will be serving as the vice president of public relations this year. I am originally from South Korea, growing up in Southern California, and lived in Cleveland for 6 years. I graduated from CWRU with B.A. in Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, and CWRU School of Medicine with M.A. in Bioethics. I am a fan of music, travel, and innovation. One of my life goals is to visit Australia and hug koalas! I am looking forward to a great year.

Drag Show @ Cosmic Dave's!

The event will take place at Cosmic Dave's Subs on Campus (11310 Juniper Road) 8-11pm Show @ 9pm. Come out for a fun night full of drag, free drinks, and free fried snacks! The entrance fee is $5 and all proceeds go to the Trevor Project! Sponsored by the Director of Diversity and Inclusion of GSC. Come out for fun, food, and drink! $5 Cover fee and all proceeds go to the Trevor Project!

Biomedical Graduate Student Symposium

We invite you to attend this year's Biomedical Graduate Student Symposium (BGSS) on Thursday, October 24, 2019 in the Wolstein Research Building! BGSS is a student-organized event that celebrates graduate student research across the School of Medicine at CWRU. Our keynote address will feature Dr. Adrian Krainer from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. BGSS is partnering with the Career Opportunities for Trainees Series (COTS) to host a career development panel featuring Case alumni in biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Graduate students across the School of Medicine will share their research through poster and oral presentations.

Weatherheadless Ball

Come celebrate Halloween with your fellow graduate students! Event will include food, drinks, DJ entertainment, and a costume contest! Ticket price includes entry, appetizers, four drink tickets, and fun! This is also a near zero waste event, so you'll be helping the environment as you get your boo-gy on. Students can register on Campus Groups. Students must be 21 and over to attend and can bring a guest, however individuals under the age of 21 will not be permitted entry. Please remember to bring your Driver's License or Passport (you will not be permitted entry without state ID). Costumes that could be perceived as weapons will not be allowed. Tickets are non-refundable. Date: Saturday, October 26th Time: 7-11 p.m. Location: Peter B. Lewis Building, Lower Level, 11119 Bellflower Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106

Student Leader Tips for Finding Your Volunteer Fit

Are you new to CWRU or just don’t know where to volunteer? The Center for Civic Engagement & Learning (CCEL) Student Executive Council is hosting its annual mixer about popular primary volunteer sites for students interested in volunteering at a consistent site this academic year. Join student leaders on Thursday, October 24 from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. in Sears 333 to meet returner Civic Engagement Scholars and to learn from a student perspective more about Cleveland's volunteer opportunities! Sites represented will include The Saturday Tutoring Program at Church of the Covenant, Judson Park, the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, America SCORES, University Hospitals, and more! Sign up online: http://cglink.me/r598638

Kevin Hines: Cracked Not Broken

Kevin Hines, mental health advocate, global speaker, best-selling author and documentary filmmaker will be coming to speak at CWRU on Tuesday, October 29th. This event will be held at Linsalata Alumni Center from 5 to 7pm. This event is open to all CWRU, CIA, CIM students, faculty and staff. Please register at http://cglink.me/r511374.

Call for proposals: 2020 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Committee is now accepting funding requests for programs in honor of the 2020 MLK Celebration. Students, staff and faculty members may apply for co-sponsorships (from $100-$2,000) to support speakers, films, exhibits, workshops, receptions, lunches, field trips or other programs that uplift the theme "North Star: Illuminating the Path to Change" or are connected to keynote speaker Khalil Gibran Muhammad's address, "Diversity is Not Enough: How Bias Education Makes Us Smarter, Fairer, and Kinder" Proposal deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019 Submit online to cglink.me/s21509

EVENT

Drag Show @ Dave's Cosmic Subs on Campus!

Friday, October 25, 2019
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Dave's Cosmic Subs 11310 Juniper Road
Add to Google Cal, Outlook, Yahoo, iCal

Come enjoy an open bar, some tasty fried munchies, and a drag show to boot! The cover fee is $5 and all proceeds go to the Trevor Project. Event goes from 8-11pm and the show starts at 9!

VIEW EVENT
Fall Feast Logo

EVENT

Fall Feast

Wednesday, November 6, 2019
11:30am - 1:30pm
Thwing Ballroom, 11111 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OHIO 44106, United States
Add to Google Cal, Outlook, Yahoo, iCal

Take a Break! Gather 'round! Maybe even stay awhile?! Fall Feast is back for another year of delicious food!

Come as your schedule allows! We will be serving food from 11:30am until 1:30pm.

Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options available.

Registration is open to all CWRU graduate and professional students.

Contact Graduate Assistant Julie Gregg at jng48@case.edu with any questions.

REGISTER

FORM

GSC Newsletter Request Form

Complete the Form