Date: October 7, 2019
Subject: GSC Newsletter | October 7, 2019

Hi First_Name,

Introducing our Executive Board Member

Hello! My name is Katie Holman and I third-year law student originally from Columbus, Ohio. This year I will be serving as the Vice President of Internal Communications for GSC. I attended Ohio State for undergrad, and love cheering on the Buckeyes! In addition, I am a big Harry Potter fan, so was SUPER excited when I got to visit the studio where they filmed the Harry Potter movies in London. When I’m not doing something law school or GSC related I love to read, binge watch Netflix or catch up on sleep. I can't wait to serve the graduate student community this year!

Intellectual Salon: Women's Health and Evolution

All women earning doctorates are invited to the WISHED (Women in Science and Humanities Earning Doctorates) Intellectual Salon: Women's Health and Evolution on Wednesday, October 16th at the Cleveland Natural History Museum. Dr. Nicole Burt, curator of Human Health & Evolutionary Medicine, will present on her research in women's health followed by a self-guided tour. Email Jess Salley jxs1654@case.edu for more detail.

Beech Brook 5K Race & Family Fun Run/Walk

On October 20th, graduate students have the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the Brook Fall 5K in Pepper Pike. Volunteering entails running game stations and face painting. There is a need for roughly 15 volunteers from 8 am to 2 pm. This opportunity would help graduate students get away from campus, get active outside, and be able to get to know their fellow graduate students! Net Proceeds to Benefit Beech Brook: Bringing Hope to Children and Families Since 1852
https://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/beechbrook.asp

Biomedical Graduate Student Symposium

We invite you to attend this year's Biomedical Graduate Student Symposium (BGSS) on Thursday, October 24, 2019 in the Wolstein Research Building! BGSS is a student-organized event that celebrates graduate student research across the School of Medicine at CWRU. Our keynote address will feature Dr. Adrian Krainer from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. BGSS is partnering with the Career Opportunities for Trainees Series (COTS) to host a career development panel featuring Case alumni in biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Graduate students across the School of Medicine will share their research through poster and oral presentations.

EVENT

October General Assembly Meeting

Tuesday, October 8, 2019
5:15pm - 6:30pm
Toepfer Room-Adelbert Hall, Tinkham Veale University Center 11038 Bellflower Road, Room 150 , Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Add to Google Cal, Outlook, Yahoo, iCal

Monthly GSC General Assembly meeting.

REGISTER
Beech Brook Fall 5K Logo

EVENT

Beech Brook Fall 5K

Sunday, October 20, 2019
8:00am - 2:00pm
Fleet Feet Sports - Pepper Pike Landerwood Plaza 30679 Pinetree Rd , Pepper Pike, OH 44124, United States
Link
Add to Google Cal, Outlook, Yahoo, iCal

On October 20th, graduate students have the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the Brook Fall 5K in Pepper Pike. Volunteering entails running game stations and face painting. There is a need for roughly 15 volunteers from 8 am to 2 pm. This opportunity would help graduate students get away from campus, get active outside, and be able to get to know their fellow graduate students!
https://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/beechbrook.asp

REGISTER

FORM

GSC Newsletter Request Form

Complete the Form